Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Aftermath

When this is the extent of the damage from a hurricane it is easy to forget how devastating water & wind can be.
Although the birds & bees have been dislocated around my environs, I cannot forget- we are more fortunate than VT & upstate NY where flash floods have taken homes & lives.
Although my clematis may never be the same, I will not forget the devastation of Katrina that brought America's most beautiful city to her knees 6 years ago.
Although my lawn & gardens are covered with leaves, twigs & acorns, I cannot forget those washed away in the low-country.
Although my road has become a crunchy rutted mess, I must not forget those whose lives were forever devastated by storms in Haiti.

I should not forget that it is the strength of people that will bring about recovery from adversity.

Always.

The work is there. We must do it.

Always.

No comments: